George Gentry, President, Term Expires: May 2020
Amy Cross, Vice President, Term Expires: May 2020
DeBra D. Edwards, Secretary, Term Expires: May 2022
Wayne C. Tyson, Asst. Vice President, Term Expires: May 2022
Jonathan Cowen, Asst. Secretary, Term Expires: May 2022
Harris County Municipal Utility District No. 501 (Harris County MUD 501) was created by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality in August 2007, to provide public water, sewer, drainage, and other services to the residents and property owners living within the boundaries of the district. Operating as a municipal utility district, or MUD, allows Harris County MUD 501 the flexibility to customize services and respond to opportunities that benefit our residents. Harris County MUD 501, as a political subdivision of the State of Texas, seeks to:
- Provide high quality water, sewer, drainage, trash and other services to its residents at a competitive cost;
- Be responsive to resident questions and requests;
- Require excellent performance and responsiveness from the consultants and contractors it engages;
- Display transparency and community outreach by making Harris County MUD 501 documents/meeting information available through this website and encouraging attendance at the District’s board meetings, and town hall meetings;
- Promote water conservation through communication, education and a water rate structure that encourages residents to minimize water usage; and
- Implement a tax rate setting process that ensures adherence with the requirements associated with servicing internal debt, complying with contractual obligations, and providing sufficient revenue for District operations, while at the same time striving to be competitive and responsive to our residents.
Board of Directors Elections
The next directors election is scheduled for Saturday, May 2, 2020. The District will establish the polling place(s) for the election, which will be provided in the Notice of Election.
Applications for a place on the ballot may be filed from January 15, 2020, to 5:00 p.m. local time on February 14, 2020. For information about the requirements for filing for candidacy for a position on the Board, please visit the Texas Secretary of State’s candidate website, at https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/candidates/index.shtml.
Elecciones de la Junta Directiva
La próxima elección de directores está programada para el sábado 2 de mayo de 2020. El Distrito establecerá el(los) lugar(es) para la elección, los cuales serán provistos en el Aviso de Elección.
Las solicitudes para un lugar en la boleta de votación pueden presentarse desde el 15 de enero de 2020 hasta las 5:00 p.m. hora local del 14 de febrero de 2020. Para obtener información acerca de los requisitos para presentar la candidatura para una posición en la Junta, sírvase visitar el sitio web del candidato del Secretario de Estado de Texas en https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/candidates/index.shtml.