Due to rapidly changing circumstances in connection with the COVID-19 pandemic, the August 4th Harris County MUD No. 501 Board meeting will occur by Zoom videoconference and telephone conference only. Please click here to view the meeting agenda, which includes instructions on how to register for and participate in the meeting.
Please click here for the presentation from the November 10, 2016, Harris County Municipal Utility District No. 501 Fall Town Hall. Thank you to all of the residents who attended.
If you attended the town hall and would like to complete the online survey, please click here. We appreciate your feedback.
Harris County Municipal Utility District No. 501 (Harris County MUD 501) was created by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality in August 2007, to provide public water, sewer, drainage, and other services to the residents and property owners living within the boundaries of the district. Operating as a municipal utility district, or MUD, allows Harris County MUD 501 the flexibility to customize services and respond to opportunities that benefit our residents. Harris County MUD 501, as a political subdivision of the State of Texas, seeks to:
- Provide high quality water, sewer, drainage, trash and other services to its residents at a competitive cost;
- Be responsive to resident questions and requests;
- Require excellent performance and responsiveness from the consultants and contractors it engages;
- Display transparency and community outreach by making Harris County MUD 501 documents/meeting information available through this website and encouraging attendance at the District’s board meetings, and town hall meetings;
- Promote water conservation through communication, education and a water rate structure that encourages residents to minimize water usage; and
- Implement a tax rate setting process that ensures adherence with the requirements associated with servicing internal debt, complying with contractual obligations, and providing sufficient revenue for District operations, while at the same time striving to be competitive and responsive to our residents.
Welcome to the Harris County Municipal Utility District 501. Clicking the link below will take you to the new resident welcome letter, where you can become familiar with the policies and procedures related to your water and sewer service.
HCMUD 501 Welcome Packet (PDF)